Task list displaying ID instead of Title

Copper Contributor

On 6/24/19 all of my task lists set for new experience began displaying the Task ID instead of the Task Title in all views in Edge and Chrome.  The Title displays normally in IE11 but IE11 poses other issues.  It worked fine in all 3 browsers prior to that day.  A ticket was opened with Microsoft with no resolution.

Additionally when I try the Gantt Chart view, it no longer opens in a new window and fails to resolve the graphical portion of the Gantt Chart.

Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?

7 Replies

@JWack 

I have a user that is also seeing ID in place of title. However title is appearing for me.  This started today for us.  Any insight as to cause/resolution?

@KimBarnes- no resolution yet.  Title displays in IE11 but not Edge or Chrome still.  I ended up creating a new calc field that displays the title field next to the title field for use on the view.  Less than ideal as it takes up screen space since you can't actually remove the title field from the view.

@sagar
I tried your solution but the json doesn't appear to work any longer on the default Task Name column?
Or am I doing something wrong?
@pointconsulting,
First you can set Task list in modern then Apply the Title column formating.

@sagar pardeshi 

Thanks for the reply! It would appear that the "Task Name (Link item)" and Task Name (Link Item Edit) column as it is called actually removes the conditional formatting? If you use them in your view. The only way I could get this to work was to use the simple "Task Name" column in the default view.

@JWack 

List Settings > Advanced Settings > List experience

Choose "Classic experience" and click OK