Task List Assignment Email Not Sending

Copper Contributor

I'm setting up a new SharePoint site and want to create a place for employees to submit PTO requests via a Task List. I want it to send an email to the manager who will be approving their request, but I cannot get it to work.

I have the setting "send e-mail when ownership is assigned?" set to "Yes".

I have created test tasks, and looped in a manager as the person the task is "Assigned To". I know that she has access to the tasks themselves, because if I send her a direct link, she is able to see the task list and approve/reject the ones assigned to her. 

However, she is not getting any emails notifying her that new tasks have been assigned to her. 

Help! How do I fix this? I want her to get an email if someone creates a task that is assigned to her.

2 Replies

@dashas Same issue here.

@alexw80 @dashas 

I have tested this on my SharePoint site & it is working fine for me. I received email after creating a new task as well as re-assigning existing task by changing "Assigned To" field:

ganeshsanap_0-1619533271564.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.