sync from a local network folder

Copper Contributor

Hello everybody!

I have a computer in the company that only has access to local network drives. This computer runs 24/7 and updates several Excel files every day, which are then saved.

Now I would like to share these files with other users. However, these only have access to a sharepoint.

I also have a computer that has access to both the network drive and the sharepoint.

Is there now the possibility to somehow synchronize the network drive or the folder with a sharepoint?

4 Replies

@Chris Webb: Thanks for your reply!

So, on which account/ computer, should I make that approach?

I mean, the secondary account (without any sharepoint permisions) can't connect to the sharepoint website. Why should I add a Network Drive with a link to the Sharepoint-Website? The secondary account does not have a email...

Maybe I got somethin wrong. Could you please clearify?

Oh your trying to go opposite sync though you were trying to get to sync files from the 24/7 computer not people getting access to the files.

Can the files being saved on the 24/7 computer not be saved to the network drive you would setup on the computer they had access to both?

@Chris Webb Thank you so much!

The link is showing me an approach on how to add a Sharepoint-Side as a Network Drive to a computer.

But how can I add a folder from our local network drive (typical folder) on the 24/7 computer to that "New Network Drive", that is just on the admin computer?