Stuck in Classic Mode

Brass Contributor

Hello,

I am seeing where some users are stuck in a Classic View for a list I am testing with. If I am logged into SP and viewing this list as myself, or TestUser1, it is in Modern View as expected, but if I log in as TestUser2 or TestUser3, they can only view the list in Classic View. I see the link to "Exit Classic" but it doesn't do anything. As an Admin, I verified in List Settings > Advanced Settings that the List Experience is set to New Experience.

There is a custom form in use but when I try to edit the item as either TestUser2 or TestUser3, I receive an error when attempting to save changes to the form ("The server was unable to save the form. Please try again later"):

server-error.jpg

In the O365 Admin console, I compared TestUser2/TestUser3 to myself and TestUser1 and am not finding a difference in our user setups for this to be happening.

What am I missing?

Thank you in advance for your help.
M

20 Replies

@Sudharsan K 

GoToModern(true) - This needs to be bumped as a solution because this works for most "Stuck in Classic Mode" situations, its also worth noting that the user will need list access to the offending folder.