Strange Behavior - SP Online SET Home page not working

Iron Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I see that SET Home Page option is not working properly in SP Online. I waited for more than 30 mins. But, Still no luck.

Any issues around this - Any idea. Did anyone come across this kind of issue?

I tried from SP Designer, Page properties and Site Settings > AreaWelcomePage.aspx

Even though my expected page url is seen in the AreaWelcomePage.aspx i dont see the expected behavior from site request and response.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhanu

8 Replies
Hi! Can you pls. Send a screenshot of where that appears or not?

Eva

Hell @Eva Vogel,

Thanks for the quick reply. No screenshot kind of is required i guess. I am not able to get redirected to the home page that i have set. And I am staying back in the Pages/Default.aspx.

Please let me know if this clarifies.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhanu

When you set a page as home page in a SharePoint site, the change is inmediatelly done so when you type the Url of your site, you are redirected to the new home page...there is nothing special in the process

Hello @Juan Carlos González Martín, Good Morning. You are right. But, i don't see that its happening. Not sure what is the reason behind. Even i see the changes reflected in the WelcomePage property. But, i dont see this from the response perspective that i see on the page when i requested the site with the url like -

Requested Site -  https://<<TenantName>>.SharePoint.com/Sites/TestSite1

Response received - https://<<TenantName>>.SharePoint.com/Sites/TestSite1/Pages/Default.aspx

Response Expected - https://<<TenantName>>.SharePoint.com/Sites/TestSite1/Pages/CustomHomePage.aspx

Thanks,

Bhanu

Hi Bhanu, can you contact your SharePoint administrator? Looks like you have serious problems zu enter your top level Site. Ore else give me a screenshot wherever your entry is.

Greets, Eva

Hello @Eva Vogel, i am getting redirected to the attached url.

I've seen this when the left side navigation was not updated to use the new home page or the link updated to the root of the site URL. It's hard to tell from your pic where you are clicking from.

Norm

Hi @bhanu chintha

on left navigation go to „site contents“ - page library.

It depends if you have created your (classic) wiki page or if it’s a modern page. I placed you a bunch of screenshots here. On classic pages you find that option to change a page as homepage. Pls check, whre you have created it. I suppose, you made a classic page.

Your default page has an entry in site pages library (Websiteseiten, Wiki pages) . Click on your classic page, you will see the ribbon on top of it, click to the button "Make it Homepage". That makes it Homepage,

If you see no ribbon: Go to your Office 365 gear - library setting - go to "advanced Settings" - go to very last option - change it from modern experience to classic experience. But I am not shore this works with "page library", this is in modern design. Go back to your list of created pages. Hope that helps.

Greets, Eva.