SOLVED

Stop users from show/hide columns or create more views

Copper Contributor

I have a SharePoint site with Owner permission.

I want users to be able to add/view/edit/delete record through PowerApps and not directly through SharePoint interface.

• I have given users EDIT and CONTRIBUTE permission: The PowerApps side is working perfectly
  • I have hidden Lists from Site Contents: This is working OK for users who don't know the URL
  • I have created only one view - All Items and I have hidden columns

However, this is not preventing other users to come to SharePoint (if they know URL to List) and then using Show/Hide option to display the data columns, save the View and exporting everything to Excel. Is there a way to prevent this, or make it harder?

I know how I can modify what EDIT and CONTRIBUTE permission allow to the user. But I am not sure exactly what to change, and if this is the correct approach.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Unfortunately there is not a built-in way to avoid end-users to access a list, even if it's hidden, and make that changers. However, a custom SPFX could make the trick but you need to write it and deploy it
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Unfortunately there is not a built-in way to avoid end-users to access a list, even if it's hidden, and make that changers. However, a custom SPFX could make the trick but you need to write it and deploy it

View solution in original post