SPTechCon for SharePoint experience?

Deleted
Not applicable

I have a colleague who is too late to get to Ignite, but will be expanding his role to take on SharePoint soon. 

Would you recommend the SPTechCon in December as a good conference to help someone take a deep dive into SharePoint? Any others?

8 Replies
I've attended quite a few Sharepoint-related events and conferences and SPTechCon is near the top if not THE top. If you go, do yourself a favor and take a look at what's availble and settle in a on a track beforehand. Try to have a gameplan and an idea of what you want to get out of it before you go and tailor what you see based on that. I brought a colleague who was new to Sharepoint and it provided an amazing experience about what's possible and opened the world to him. On the other hand, you can also get fairly specific with some of the 300 level courses as well, so it's not just about high level info.

SPTechCon is a great SP Conference and they hold multiple per year.  One type of great event that would be free and could be more local would be SharePoint Saturday events. These are ran and supported purely by the community and can provide great sessions/content with some speakers that you would also be seeing at the bigger conferences.

Some other conferences that would be great to attend would be:

SharePoint Fest

SharePoint Live

SharePoint Engage

There is also a ton of great online conferences and webinars out there.  Here are some of the bigger online events:

Collab365

Unity Connect

Fantastic insight! Thank you so much. I would not have stumbled across this as easily on my own.

That sounds like this is indeed what my colleague needs. Now I want to go, myself! Thank you so much for the eyewitness experience. :)

I've have been to SPTechCon. Great option for Admins, Developers, and Power Users be they novice or advanced. Also a great place to find add-in products (for IT and Line of Business!) to help get the most out of your investment.

I attended the SPTechCon in Boston last year. It is a great event to getter a better understanding of how people are using SharePoint, as well as the future direction that the product is taking. It also allows you to interact with vendors to see what add-on products are available to enhance the product. And I agree with what Clint said about having a game plan and tailoring the sessions you plan to attend to your business' specific needs.
Ooh, great tip about the add-in products.
Learning in person how other orgs use SharePoint would be key. We've really just started rolling out the new SP here; my colleague happens to be one of the only people who has set up a Team Site so far. It looks really cool.