SPO-Credentials failing

Brass Contributor

I was working on  one of our site collections, and tried editing a page and despite I'm both a Owner & Member most of the options where greyed out stating that I did not have proper credentials.  I went the top level and checked my privileges and I'm a Owner & member there as well, so I'm puzzled why I can not edit a site collection.  This has happen before, but unfortunately I don't remember what MS did to fix the problem.  I want to check with the community again before creating a ticket.

4 Replies
Well depending on exactly what your talking about, if your talking about an owner of a Group, then you have to make sure you give it some time, because it runs a background job before adding owners as site collection administrators, it doesn't work right away. Could you screenshot the options your talking about so we might pinpoint what it is your doing that could be related? Thanks.
But also, if your talking about being in the Share Point Owners group, that is site owner, not site collection, so you won't be able to access site collection related options as an owner of a site itself.

I'm including a screenshot of the menu bar which normally is greyed out with the msg that I do not have enough privilege to edit, but for some reason it's working tonight.

As far as you explanation about Groups yes they've been set up for quite sometime.  The only thing I thought was that since this is a "subsite" it was inheriting it's permissions from the parent site, but after looking at the site permissions I have full control over both the Master, Parent, and Subsite.

SPO.JPG

Those insert bars can be finicky sometimes based on browser and cursor locations. I usually try to make sure to use IE for classic page stuff as it seems to work Better.