SPO Calendar - Events displaying for some users in Chrome but not IE 11

Bronze Contributor

Hello techcommunity. My client has a basic calendar in SPO - no custom anything. When accessing the calendar.aspx view via Chrome, she is able to see all of the events. When she logs in with IE11, she only sees an empty calendar. Other users, including myself, can see all events regardless of browser. Any ideas? (From her screenshot, I'm not seeing any compatibility issues with the browser)

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

8 Replies

@Kelly_EdingerHere are few of the suggestion you could follow i know it might have tried that already but just coming up on top of my head;

- have you checked the users permission on the calendar and the SP it self

- have you use another computer or profile in the same computer to check the calendar

- if the user is having Teams your could put a tab in any of the channel s/he has access to and check from Teams Tab if he is able to see

please try the above few things and let us know if any of them works.

Hi @PDostiyar - thanks for jumping on the thread. I have checked her permissions and they are not using Teams. I am going to her desk today and will see how it looks with a different profile logged into the same computer. Fingers crossed we can figure this out.

@Kelly_EdingerSure hoping any of the above suggestions will work and this problem would resolve if not please share all your finding so we could search for alternative options.

Hi @PDostiyar - I still wasn't able to figure out the IE11 issue. One of her colleagues is having the same issue with a list. No customizations to either so not sure why IE won't fully load the pages. For now they're working in Chrome where everything loads as it should.

@Kelly_Edingerthis is very disappointing while IE does not works i would also suggest trying the Edge since the feel and look is the same like IE and maybe it is consider as replacemnt for IE.

Just Quickly checking on this @kelly is this still the issue or it has been resolved.

Hi @PDostiyar - it has not. IE11 only continues to get worse as a browser for O365. I appreciate you following up. They are just working in Chrome now.

Thanks for the reply! I am glad at least there is a workaround for them.