SPList Data Viewing

Copper Contributor

I am moving some of our forms into SPLists, however, some of them are lengthy and may only have a few fields entered. Our current system allows us to view the entry and only see the fields that were filled out so you dont see alot of blank information. It looks very clean.

Are there any suggestions on how to better "View" or "Present" the line items without going to the SPList itself? PowerBI isnt an option right now due to licensing. I am looking into Tableau but might be overkill. 

I was also thinking about just going with MS Forms, especially with the branching logic, but I like the data fields SPList provides.

3 Replies

@CWRRT Have You tried to customize the SharePoint Forms using Power Apps?  It gives you many opportunities to customize your forms.

You can read more about it here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-list-form

Regards, Magnus

@CWRRT I agree with @MagnusGoksoyrOLDProfile, either a customised form with Power Apps or even a standalone Power Apps form using the list as your data source is the way to go. There are a lot of good videos about this on YouTube by Shane Young so have a look for those.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@MagnusGoksoyrOLDProfile 

I have done this for data entry, what I am looking for is more in regards to data viewing. 

I think I found a solution with Forms Pro and using some automation to feed to a SP List.