Specific file not loading to SharePoint (or through Teams)

Copper Contributor

Hi,

When trying to upload a specific file to SharePoint through Teams (using both the Upload as well as the drag 'n drop feature) I get the error message "Sorry, there was a problem uploading this file. Please try again.".

As an alternative I tried to open the SharePoint directory through the "open in SharePoint" button and tried both upload methods as well and got the "Sorry, you don't have access." message. 

I'm owner and have full access to the Team as well as the SharePoint.

When I try a different file I do not get any error and the file get's loaded.

This has happened to me before and then it was resolved the day after without any intervention whatsoever.. 

Hopefully someone can help me with solving this annoying problem :)

6 Replies
Hi,
What type of file, you are trying to upload? can you share some info on the file?

@Sudharsan Kit's an excel file (.xlsx). I'm able to upload similar files.. it's a monthly file and all other files (from other months) I was able to upload. the size is not that big, 786 kb. 

Hi,
Please check for the filename regarding the special characters, also check for any macros or any other code inside the excel file.

Hi,

@Sudharsan KI've checked the name and retyped it to be sure, I checked the file for links to other files, for macro's and for code, found nothing..

Last time when I had this issue I had it at home connecting through VPN and then the next day at work (Without VPN) it was solved.. Now obviously I have to call in everyday through VPN.. 
Then again, other files still worked through the VPN..

Hi,
Sorry, i couldn't find any solution to this. If the file is not huge, no macros and still if you have permission, also the filename is clear then there must be something that we are missing. Maybe you can raise this as an issue to Microsoft.

@Sudharsan KThanks for taking the time to help me check all the logical root causes!