SOLVED

SP text fields - can't get sentences to be single space?

Brass Contributor

I'm trying to add content to my SP site but for the life of me, I can't get it to be single space.  Even putting my content in Notepad and then copying/pasting to SP doesn't help.

Anyone have any tips on how to accomplish this?

Bryan123_0-1639150960321.png

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Bryan123 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Bryan123 back space the "double space" line until it is next to the top line then hold down shift and click Enter.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@Bryan123 If you want to start new line with single line space, use Shift + Enter instead of just Enter at the end of first line.

ganeshsanap_0-1639324277159.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap ...which was exactly what I said.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@ganeshsanap 

Will give this a try.  Any faster way when pasting?  I usually create my articles in Word first, then paste into Sp

@Bryan123 You can use <Shift + Enter> in word document (to add new line) as well and then copy paste the content from word to SharePoint, it works.

@RobElliott I just wanted to clarify the steps with visual/screenshot to understand it easily.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Bryan123 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Bryan123 back space the "double space" line until it is next to the top line then hold down shift and click Enter.

Rob
Los Gallardos

View solution in original post