SP Server 2019 - Prereq issues...

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to set up a new farm with SharePoint Server 2019.  We are completely on-prem, and the servers are VMs installed with Windows Server 2019 Datacenter, cut off from any internet access.  I've installed all the pre-requisites *except* AppFabric, which was always a pain in our 2016 farms...

In those environments I was able to mount the .iso and run the following script to install IIS roles:

Add-WindowsFeature Web-Server,windows-identity-foundation,`NET-Framework-45-ASPNET,Web-Mgmt-Console,Web-Mgmt-Compat,Web-Metabase,`Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console,Web-Lgcy-Scripting,Web-Mgmt-Tools,Web-WMI,`Web-Common-HTTP,NET-HTTP-Activation,NET-Non-HTTP-Activ,NET-WCF-HTTP-Activation45 ` -Source 'e:\sources\sxs'

Then install AppFabric using the following prompt:

E:\prerequisiteinstaller.exe /appfabric:d:\@Team\SP19_PreReqs\WindowsServerAppFabricSetup_x64.exe

That's not working in 2019, however.  For one thing, in the 2019 .iso, the folder \sources\ doesn't exist, nor can I find \sxs.  I tried running that script without the source prompt, but still failed to install.  Then I found this script on Microsoft's site, specific to SharePoint 2019:

Install-WindowsFeature NET-HTTP-Activation,NET-Non-HTTP-Activ,NET-WCF-Pipe-Activation45,NET-WCF-HTTP-Activation45,Web-Server,Web-WebServer,Web-Common-Http,Web-Static-Content,Web-Default-Doc,Web-Dir-Browsing,Web-Http-Errors,Web-App-Dev,Web-Asp-Net,Web-Asp-Net45,Web-Net-Ext,Web-Net-Ext45,Web-ISAPI-Ext,Web-ISAPI-Filter,Web-Health,Web-Http-Logging,Web-Log-Libraries,Web-Request-Monitor,Web-Http-Tracing,Web-Security,Web-Basic-Auth,Web-Windows-Auth,Web-Filtering,Web-Performance,Web-Stat-Compression,Web-Dyn-Compression,Web-Mgmt-Tools,Web-Mgmt-Console,WAS,WAS-Process-Model,WAS-NET-Environment,WAS-Config-APIs,Windows-Identity-Foundation,Xps-Viewer -IncludeManagementTools -Verbose

That, unfortunately, isn't working either... I'm logged into an account that is a local admin, and I've tried playing with various GPO settings I've found mentioned in my extensive searching, but after a week have yet to come up with a solution on my own...

When I run AppFabric setup on its own and look at the logging, the setup for AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server is failing, as is the setup for Hosting Services, Cache Client, and Hosting Administration.

1 Reply
Hi Greg, Did you find a resolution to this ?