SOLVED

SP list, keep it from showing up in site search results?

Brass Contributor

I have a Site with a Sub-Site underneath it and in that Sub-Site, I have several lists created.   When I search for items using the main search box at the top middle of the Sub-Site page, I get results from those SP lists.

I've gone into the SP list itself, Settings > Advanced Settings and changed Allow items from this list to appear in search results? to No, but that had no impact.

Any ideas?

3 Replies
That should work. How long has it been?
best response confirmed by Bryan123 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Bryan123 You have to wait until next full crawl is complete on your SharePoint site. Try checking after 24-48 hours after making changes in list settings.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Its good now, thank you
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Bryan123 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Bryan123 You have to wait until next full crawl is complete on your SharePoint site. Try checking after 24-48 hours after making changes in list settings.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post