SOLVED

SP List Calculated Column Remove Read Only

Iron Contributor

I have two columns

- Supplier (dropdown list)

- Number (calculated column)

If the supplier  = Amazon I want to add a hyphen '-' into the Number field, else I want to do nothing and allow the user to enter a number manually. 

How can I achieve this?

My calculated column contains the following;

=IF(Supplier="Amazon","-","")

Currently when I select Amazon as the supplier a hyphen is successfully added, but if I select anything else the cell is read only and I'm unable to enter a number.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by jonboylib (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@jonboylib a column is either calculated or it's not, you can't have a hybrid or change the read-only state of a calculated column.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@jonboylib in due course you should look at Power Apps and Power Apps Customed SharePoint list forms as that allows you to do some of these things more easily.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by jonboylib (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@jonboylib a column is either calculated or it's not, you can't have a hybrid or change the read-only state of a calculated column.

Rob
Los Gallardos

View solution in original post