SP List Attachments Grid View

Iron Contributor

I have a SP list and I normally add items in grid view as it's much quicker. One of my columns is 'Attachment', however in grid view the appears as 'cell is read only'.

IIs it possible to add attachments in grid view?

3 Replies

@jonboylib Unfortunately, it is not possible in SharePoint to add attachments using this column in grid view.

Also, this field is not actual attachments field. It just shows true/false based on if their are any attachments to list item: 

ganeshsanap_0-1660210466913.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap Thanks for that.

So, in grid view is there any way I can add an attachment at all? Forget about the attachment column.

@jonboylib Unfortunately, No. It is not possible to add attachments to list items directly from grid view in SP online modern experience.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.