SOLVED

SP Calculated Column Formula Help

Iron Contributor

I want to check if a column Supplier does not contain the word Amazon, if true then multiply the value of Net by 1.2. This is what I have but it's not working;

=IF(Supplier=NOT("Amazon"),Net*1.2,Net)

It's displaying #Name?

Can someone help please?

8 Replies

@jonboylib NOT function expects a logical expression. NOT(logical) - meaning it should evaluate to TRUE or FALSE. 

Try =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Amazon",[Supplier])),Net*1.2,Net)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/developer/sharepoint-2010/bb862071(v=offic...

@jonboylib Try using below calculated column formula, it should work for you: 

=IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Amazon", [Supplier])), [Net], [Net] * 1.2)

DocumentationExamples of common formulas in lists  

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thanks @ganeshsanap

Is it possible to add more names to the FIND? e.g. "Amazon, Ebay, Google", etc.?

@jonboylib You need to add nested IF conditions for that.

Can you explain further about your requirements for adding more names? What should be the calculation (example: Net*1.2) for additional names?

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap

Ideally I would like to search for multiple suppliers. So rather than just Amazon, could I add more to list this, e.g. something like

=IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Amazon", "Google", "Ebay", [Supplier])), [Net], [Net] * 1.2)

@jonboylib How many suppliers you want to search in formula?

You can try below formula: 

=IF(OR(ISNUMBER(FIND("Amazon", [Supplier])), ISNUMBER(FIND("Google", [Supplier])), ISNUMBER(FIND("Ebay", [Supplier]))), [Net], [Net] * 1.2)

@ganeshsanap

I don't have a set number it will vary. I was just wondering what the logic would be.

Is there a limt to the number of embedded FIND I can use for example?

Thanks for your example it's very useful.
best response confirmed by jonboylib (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@jonboylib The logic is, you have to add ISNUMBER(FIND(...)) part for each supplier inside OR() function.

You can have maximum 30 such conditions inside single OR function.

Can you explain further what is your requirement exactly? There might be another way to achieve it.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by jonboylib (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@jonboylib The logic is, you have to add ISNUMBER(FIND(...)) part for each supplier inside OR() function.

You can have maximum 30 such conditions inside single OR function.

Can you explain further what is your requirement exactly? There might be another way to achieve it.

View solution in original post