SOLVED

SP 2019 on- premises - modern experience

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Can anyone help me with the following? I have been trying to contact Microsoft directly, but they keep redirecting to different departments. Our customers are asking these questions all the time...

• Is Microsoft going to deprecated the classic experience at any point in the future?
• Is it possible to use classic team sites in SharePoint 2019?
• Are farm solutions still supported in SharePoint 2019?
• Why customers should migrate to SharePoint 2019 and not SharePoint 2016?

Thanks for your help.

Bestregards,

Leire

3 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
My 2 Cents here:
• Is Microsoft going to deprecated the classic experience at any point in the future?
So far the message is that the classic experience is not going to be deprecated any time soon
Yes
Yes
Mainly because you can create modern sites there, you have also modern document libraries and lists, SPFx Develelopment is fully supported, the new Sync Client for OneDrive is also supported, ...
Thanks for your quick response. Your are answers are very helpful

@Chris McNultyhas written many articles about how Microsoft is approaching all of the previously deployed technologies. I agree with @Juan Carlos González Martín  answers.

2019 puts a company in a better position for future enhancements and hybrid scenarios. It has almost everything from 2016 and a lot of stuff from SPOnline, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/what-s-new/what-s-deprecated-or-removed-from-sharepoint-...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
My 2 Cents here:
So far the message is that the classic experience is not going to be deprecated any time soon
Yes
Yes
Mainly because you can create modern sites there, you have also modern document libraries and lists, SPFx Develelopment is fully supported, the new Sync Client for OneDrive is also supported, ...

View solution in original post