Sorting the values

Copper Contributor

Hi Community,

I am a new member of this community and looking for help and guidance.

Context - We have a list where we input quarter dates. When the user adds the value, it triggers a workflow to send out a survey. The default setting of lookup column is picking the value in ascending order. 

Problem - Is there a way to sort the values in a lookup column in descending order rather than the system default of ascending?

Example - The value is added in YYYY Q# (ex- 2019 Q2) format. In the lookup column it is in ascending order (2018 Q3 ahead of 2019 Q2). We will like to have the it in descending order.

Thanks for your help.

Rahul

3 Replies

@Rahul14 This is the default behaviour, to overcome this you need to have the info path form, or have to apply custom javascript.

Thank You@Shijuraj for the prompt reply.

As it is a default feature, we do not have much option left.

Rather than InfoPath, do you think PowerApps is going to a be better choice in almost all scenarios? Lots of people are talking about it and seems like a great fit.

@Rahul14 In power app, I was able to sort the lookup field by changing the item properly to "Sort(Choices(Tile_Test.lookup),Value,Descending)", note that my lookup field name was "lookup".