SOLVED

Sorry, you can't create a new item with Quick Edit

Brass Contributor

Sorry, you can't create a new item with Quick Edit because this view is missing one or more required columns. To create a new item, please click "New Item" or add the required columns to this view.

I want to fill up a list in Quick edit mode but I always receive this kind of notification.

All my field are optional in common way it has no problem to create or edit an item, but Quick edit mode does not give the possibility to do that.

2019-08-05 11_53_33-Urgent Deliveries - Urgent Deliverers - All Items.png

12 Replies
Is the 'Title' column visible in your Quick edit mode?
and if you click New item (not in quick edit) - which fields have a red * ?

Also, a little bit confused next things.

All fields I have made optional but 2019-08-05 12_06_16-Urgent Deliveries - Urgent Deliverers - All Items.pngsome of them still required.

@Rob Ellis  I have made all fields optional2019-08-05 12_07_42-Content Type.png

do you have validation enabled on any of the columns?

@Rob Ellis 

1) No validation 

2) About "New Item" not in Quick edit mode

2019-08-05 12_13_19-New item.png

Fields behave like required but they are all optional.

best response confirmed by Freenit (Brass Contributor)
Solution
You are using a custom content type, I think? Look at the list columns - rather than the content type columns, and see which are required?

Also, check whether the default content type for the list is the out of the box one, or your custom one?

@Rob Ellis 

You are right. Problems were in list columns.

Thank you very much!!!

You're welcome!

@Rob Ellis Thanks. Finally found the solution :)

@Rob Ellis 

I have just found this thread and was hoping you could help as I get the same warning, what do you mean by custom column type?   What I am trying to do is copy in bulk new items as we need the same entries for over 30x Levels with 12 units in each level.  The only change will be the Level number

RebeccaS4074_0-1694059689397.png

RebeccaS4074_1-1694059712002.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Freenit (Brass Contributor)
Solution
You are using a custom content type, I think? Look at the list columns - rather than the content type columns, and see which are required?

Also, check whether the default content type for the list is the out of the box one, or your custom one?

View solution in original post