Sorry, something went wrong: can't load the application on this page

Brass Contributor

Hello...hoping to get some assistance with an error reported this morning. An end user is unable to reach any of our newly created site pages within a Communications site. The site collection has been in production for quite some time, no other users are reporting the following error:

Sorry, something went wrong

Can't load the application on this page. Use the browser Back button to retry. If the problem persists, contact the administrator of the site and give them the information in Technical Details.

Technical Details

Error details: Error: Flights are not initialized. Flight requested: 1338

Correlation ID: a281df9e-d036-0000-3af2-a11fbe6b05e6

Date and Time: 5/23/2019 11:21:35 AM

I had the end user reset/clear out IE and Chrome browser cookies/cache...still no go.

7 Replies
Do you have by chance a custom WebPart in your home page? Is this error happening just in the home page or in all the site?

@Juan Carlos González MartínFrom what I could gather, the site pages in question has a web part for text and another for a small image. No other web parts are on the page. The pages resides within a sub-site. We are using these site pages are "news" article pages.

I have a similar error popping up in my tenant.

The user is using a Page Viewer web part to display a page from a Modern SP Team Site on a classic SharePoint publishing page. The error is only showing up in IE11, the iframe is working fine in Chrome.

I noticed if you switch the IE11 Document Mode emulator to Edge and reload the page this resolves the issue.

Chih-Ang - is your error only showing up in IE?

This method was working fine in IE and Chrome up until a couple of weeks ago.

@Colin Steger @Colin Steger I have the same issue trying to display a news page on a SharePoint page - any ideas on how to correct?

@Colin StegerFrom what I could deduct, after spending some time with the end user who was experiencing the issue, it would appear to be browser and/or operating system (OS) related. Until I was able to conduct a Skype screen sharing session with the end user, I was not aware that the person in question had Windows 7 and IE10 on their machine. After I cleared the end user's IE10 cache and reset the browser settings, IE10 still displayed the same error. However, Chrome started to work after the reset. It is also worthwhile to note that the end user in question had many legacy applications that depends on Windows 7 and/or IE10 so that is why they never upgraded their machine like the rest of the enterprise. I also suspect that the end user may be missing some updates on their machine, which could have also contributed to the issue at hand.

@MichaelMartin1 are you using a custom master page on your site? I traced the issue back to a line of code in our master page that was forcing the pages within that site collection to open in IE10 doc mode.

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=10" />

Changing this to Edge seemed to have resolved the issue <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge" />

@Colin Steger 

Hi was this issue ever solved? We've got the exact same situation.

It just doesn't load the modern Sharepoint pages. The older ones are working just fine.

The issue occurs in Chrome, IE, FF and Edge.