Sorry, properties can not be displayed, having error: Cannot read property 'formType' of null.

Brass Contributor

Keep getting this error in the properties section of the file when attempting to view the details of the file to change properties. Sorry, properties can not be displayed, having error: Cannot read property 'formType' of null.

19 Replies

Did you get this resolved? I'm getting the same error. 

Thank you

I'm running into this today, too. Although, I'm getting "File Not Found".

I'm also getting that. I looked it up some more and apparently it is an issue with the Modern UI. If you switch to Classic, you can see the properties. Of course that's a pain so let's hope it gets fixed soon. 

Thanks

Yeah, you can still edit the item in the Modern View with the "Quick Edit" form. 

The "New" form still works fine, but the "Edit Form" and the "View Form" are what's returning blank.

Looks like things are working intermittently for me now. Looks like it was thankfully temporary.

Me too, we're seeing "Sorry, properties can not be displayed, having error: File Not Found.." all over custom lists when trying to use the info pane in Modern UI.

Same here, only just started happening in the last couple of hours.

Similar issues with a client.  Classic mode work around for now...

list error.PNG

Same here - Properties works in classic AND in modern if you are seeing the new view as a member of targeted release.

We experienced the same issue at a customer tenant.

The users could not see or edit the properties in the modern list (custom list not a task list) and got the following error: "Sorry, properties can not be displayed, having error: File Not Found."

However after an hour or so it got fixed automatically. So must be an internal intermittent glitch. 

Thanks for the replies. Today, this minute, it works!

Thank you Microsoft for keeping me guessing!!

@Jessica Brennan wrote:

Thanks for the replies. Today, this minute, it works!

Thank you Microsoft for keeping me guessing!!

Haha!  Same here (late reply).  FYI - when the problem still existed, I 'whittled' the list down to one item with filters and I was able to successfully select the item for editing. Strange.  There are ~60 items total.  I'm curious if anyone had other 'work-around' successes such as different web browsers which I didn't think to try. 

I'm seeing  "Sorry, properties can not be displayed, having error: File Not Found.." in the following scenario.

In OneDrive Online/Web -  in Files experience - select the SharePoint Site which surfaces the document library in that site. Next select document - select details pane. "Sorry.." message is displayed in the details pane.

In SharePoint Online - the properties are displaying as expected.

Is there a known issue displaying Metadata properties for documents stored in SharePoint from the files experience in OneDrive?

@omi kumari  I have some users getting this error. Were you able to get this resolved?

@omi kumari 

same error

switch to classic view - still cannot edit properties (blank page)

issue ongoing several days so has not auto-fixed!

any suggestions?  thanks in advance.

hello everyone
i have the same problem,

Can anyone confirm if this is a known bug?
Or am I missing something?
Thanks

HI all,

I've see this error pop up in the properties menu from time to time in a lot of different document libraries. A lot of the time its within a folder of that document library. but it just could be a coincidence.

has there been any word from Support to weather its just a glitch and ignore altogether. or is it something that we should keep an eye out for and change something? or can it be mitigated?

its just, saying to our own end-users that its just a bug and ignore all the time. is getting a bit tedious and not very professional.

Regards

Will