SOLVED

Something went wrong Server error.

Copper Contributor

I have a page on SharePoint, which I provide a PDF for people to read. This PDF is saved in the website documents. Everything was going well, until today I went to check it out and I came across the following message: "Something went wrong
Server error.
TECHNICAL DETAILS

Troubleshoot problems with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.
Correlation ID: c174909f-6073-0000-55c7-51519af5031c

Date and Time: 11/23/2020 04:41:07 ".

I need this website working and displaying the PDF to readers, can anyone help me?

3 Replies

@noronha07 

Can you please add more details to your question? Which version of SharePoint you are using? 

Are you able to open the PDF file from document library? Which web-part you are using to show PDF file on page?

Also, check if the PDF file path/URL is correct or someone else changed it. 

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

best response confirmed by noronha07 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ganeshsanap 

I am using the latest version of SharePoint.

The link is normal, I have already made changes and continue with the same error.

I can access the document normally, but when I open the page I encounter this problem.

To resolve, for now, I put a file viewer and instead of putting the PDF link, I put his path on the site.

@noronha07 

Did it resolve your issue?

Yes, to show files on SharePoint online modern pages you can use File viewer web part (reference is given below for more information). You can add a link to PDF file in the file viewer webpart.

Check this reference to get the clean URL of your PDF file: SharePoint Online – Get Clean Document URLs 

ReferenceUse the File viewer web part 

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by noronha07 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ganeshsanap 

I am using the latest version of SharePoint.

The link is normal, I have already made changes and continue with the same error.

I can access the document normally, but when I open the page I encounter this problem.

To resolve, for now, I put a file viewer and instead of putting the PDF link, I put his path on the site.

View solution in original post