Social Notification Workflow

Iron Contributor

Good Day

Bear me with on this question I wanted to share based on feedback our business team shared with us. For the business/user community its high on their list in having a means to: (a) know who is posting a comment on their site pages (b) who decides to follow the site, (c) users that get mentioned in comments. Custom solutions would be needed in getting the data in the first place (i.e users following the site) and though it may be a silly question still wanted to posted for feedback. Could workflows be leveraged maybe Microsoft Flow as a means to notify the site Owner when a user clicks on the star to follow the site or when comments are added to the modern page or when someone is mentioned in comments?  I think I did see somewhere for the comments use case a custom solution that captured the comments post count via the RES API and then added the count to a list in the SharePoint site to help track the activity, then you could set up an alert on the list to be notified.  Workflow specific I have not seen cases any pointers even small ones are appreciated.

0 Replies