Sites/Lists Missing from Create List from Existing List

Copper Contributor

Out of no where, when I go to create a list from an existing list, only 10 of 60 existing sites show up as options to copy.  Is anyone else running into this issue?   There is zero explanation for this issue, as this is something we do weekly.  

4 Replies

@sfranchini76 I can see all sites in "Select an existing list" popup while creating a list from existing list option on our SharePoint tenant.

Try below options:

1. Check if you still have permissions on site to want to use - in case someone else managing permissions for sites
  2. Try "following" the site where your source list is created

Anyways, this seems like a some kind of bug on your site. So, raise support ticket with Microsoft directly and report it: Get M365 support - online support 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

The "following" option solved my issue. Even though my role was Owner of the Teams site I still had to do this for it to appear as location I could copy an existing List from. Thanks so much for this! It was driving me mad as to why I couldn't see of my organizations Teams sites I have access to. 

@Olde8 You're welcome. I am glad the proposed solution worked for you. 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@sfranchini76 We are having the same issues! I did the recommended approach of the favoriting of the sites. This seemed to resolve my issue. We are Site Collection Admin to every site we create and we noticed sites showing in this "select an existing list" feature was almost empty. Now I know why, I don't normally favorite a site.