Site Usage Metrics

Brass Contributor

Hi Community,

Would you know of a possible solution for site usage metrics for a SharePoint Online communication site. We want to understand the traffic on our SPO site for different pages, folders, files and links.

The default site usage doesn't help as it doesn't show all file, site pages etc.- but only 10 nos.

Somebody, suggested me Adobe Analytics, others mentioned Adobe Application Insights, Microsoft Graph or Power BI.

I am confused, any direction on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2 Replies

@GulianiG If you are in site contents (documents, pages, etc.) and hover over the specific item, the metrics should pop up. # of users, # of views. I implemented Google Analytics, but I'm finding discrepancies between that and SPO metrics. Since SPO metrics shows me which people are accessing the file I can verify that number. But GA is not distinguishing by person (even though we log in with unique credentials) when they use multiple devices, so the same person is registering 2 or 3 times.

@Joni_Kirk This is great. 

I still need your help to understand if it is possible to export this usage activity in excel or csv. We have thousands of files and doing this manually would be a waste of time. 

GulianiG_0-1597857981748.png