Site page with Promoted State=0 still visible in news webpart

Copper Contributor

Hello!

I've changed PromotedState value for a couple of pages setting it to 0. I've made this change about 5 days ago.

Today some users have e-mailed me writing that they still can see some news (that now are Site Pages with PromotedState=0) in the News WebPart.

I've checked the Web Part with my account but I can see a single news that is currently with PromotedStat=2. I've also tried with a test account and I confirm I can recreate users experience with other pages visible in WebPart, some are pages with PromotedState 0 and there's also the one with PromotedState set to 2.

How can it be possible? How can I fix without setting custom page properties and apply filters to WebPart?

Thanks!

2 Replies
You have to just click edit and republish on the page after changing that for the search indexer to pick it up. For whatever reason just changing the promoted state isn't enough to cause it to index again and update the news web parts since they are driven off search.

@Pepozzo 

Hi,

You need to Demote the page ,so it will be disappeared from news webpart and search results

I don't have the Powershell handy right now,from my memory you can get the Clientsidepage using

Get-PnPClientSidePage and then demoteAsNewsArticle() which will actually updated the promoted state and first published date.

make sure you save the page using .Save() and .Publish() methods.

That should work!!