Site Designs with Flow parameters

Steel Contributor

I've been working with the new SharePoint Site Designs and scripts to see how far I can push the provisioning process without any code.  So far I have been able to define all the libraries and lists I need including creating an Issues list and adding the Issues Content type as the default, defining navigation and the theme using the script.

With the Microsoft Flow and Microsoft Graph, it also copies templates to the site, adds calendar reminders to the Group calendar and notifies users of other steps like creating an MS Teams team.

One little snippet we discovered was that you can add other parameters to the Flow call in the script so you can then make conditions in the Flow based on the type of site:

{
      "verb": "triggerFlow",
      "url": "[Flow URL]",
      "name": "- trigger provisioning engine after creation of a 'Project' site",
      "parameters": {
        "event": "Create Site",
        "product": "SharePoint",
        "sitetype": "Project"
      }
    } 

Now if only the MS Graph would let me create a Teams space and Planner with Admin Consent rather than only with user consent, I could complete the whole process and create a base plan for the project.

1 Reply

hi,

Can you please give an example of how the flow url looks like. I was not able to run the flow from site design.

Thanks,

Sru