SOLVED

Site Design not available in subsite

Copper Contributor

Hi Folks,

I have created a site template using JSON and pnpScript, the site template is available in the team site, but when I created a subsite inside the site now I can not find my template in the subsite. 

Can someone help me out!

1 Reply
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@ShubhamBajpai I think this is by design as Microsoft recommends using flat topology/architecture instead of classic/top-down site topology. I observed that I can apply site templates to site collections only.

Check this documentation which will help you to understand the challenges with classic site topology, need for flat topologies & how to design flat topology: Information Architecture - Site Topology 

Also check this thread which might help you: Are subsites getting deprecated in SPO? 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@ShubhamBajpai I think this is by design as Microsoft recommends using flat topology/architecture instead of classic/top-down site topology. I observed that I can apply site templates to site collections only.

Check this documentation which will help you to understand the challenges with classic site topology, need for flat topologies & how to design flat topology: Information Architecture - Site Topology 

Also check this thread which might help you: Are subsites getting deprecated in SPO? 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post