site columns from a published content type in gallery be used directly used in a document library

Iron Contributor

I have published a content type in admin centers content type gallery.

The content type is published for all the sites and is appearing at the site level.

I can see the site content  type., however i want to use a site column from an existing content type in the settings of a document library. When i click on it, i can see the site columns in the list.

But when i created a new content type based on the existing content type i have created in the gallery, it seems to appear.

Is there a way site columns from a published content type in gallery be used directly used in a document library?

thanks

2 Replies
Have you updated the document library's settings so that it allows for the management of content types? Go to Library Settings > Advanced Settings > Allow management of content types - toggle to 'Yes'
Wait a few minutes, then when you go to add a new column to the library you should then see the option to add content type.

@null null 

Is there a way site columns from a published content type in gallery be used directly used in a document library?

thanks

Hi, not sure to completely understand your scenario, but if I refer to your last question, Yes, you should be able to add a column from a published content type to a library. However, with the new approach recently introduce to deploy content type from the content type hub (gallery), if you publish the content type it does not provision the content type and related columns to all sites. What it does is to make the content type available to be provision into a site. The content type and related columns will be provision only when you attach it to a document library/list in your site. So if the content type where the column you want to add into a library has not been attached to a library in your site, the column will probably not be available. Hope it is what you are asking for...