SOLVED

Site Classifications (HBI, MBI, LBI)

Steel Contributor

The 'Start a Site' option in the Settings area of the SharePoint Online admin centre has two options: (a) Hide the link, (b) Show the link.

If you select to 'Show the link', allowing end users to create site themselves, you also see the options 'Site classification' and 'Secondary contact'. If you hide it, there is no option to apply a Site Classification when a new site is created from the 'Site Collections' area. Site Policies don't include this option either.

As far as I can see, site classification policies are not set as security policies.

How do you set a Site Classification if you have a controlled site creation process where end users cannot create their own sites?

2 Replies

I can now answer my own question: 'Site classification will enter First Release in October. You will be able to select a classification when provisioning a site and group from SharePoint home, and you will see the site classification in the header of site and group pages.' Source:

https://blogs.office.com/2016/09/26/enhanced-conditional-access-controls-encryption-controls-and-sit...

best response confirmed by Andrew Warland (Steel Contributor)
Solution

work going on in PnP Core to fully support this programmatically. see last SIG 2nd nov.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Andrew Warland (Steel Contributor)
Solution

work going on in PnP Core to fully support this programmatically. see last SIG 2nd nov.

View solution in original post