SOLVED

Showing updated news in News Web Part

Copper Contributor

Hello Tech friends!

Does anyone know if a news post will float back up to the top of the News Web Part if it is updated and republished? I am working on the long term Knowledge Management Strategy for a client and their request was to post a news page, then update it on a semi regular basis when something about the content changes and they want it to float to the top of the list on the hub site homepage. I can brainstorm ways to get this functionality from highlighted content, but I was hoping it was native in the News feature. Thanks!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by DMC_Tech (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@DMC_Tech 

The latest stories (news) are shown in chronological order from newest to oldest based on their initial publish date (editing a story (news) will not change its order).

SourceUse the News web part on a SharePoint page 

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

The News web part uses First Published Date to determine which items to display so updated articles will not float back up to the top. However, you could "pin" the updated article to the top so that it will stay in a specific position in the display order. Then, you can "un-pin" when you no longer want to promote it.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DMC_Tech (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@DMC_Tech 

The latest stories (news) are shown in chronological order from newest to oldest based on their initial publish date (editing a story (news) will not change its order).

SourceUse the News web part on a SharePoint page 

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post