SOLVED

Showing multiple Document library views

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to create multiple views for a particular Document library and would like to display each view from respective pages by category which I have created.

It seems all pages shows All Documents view by default, and if I change default view, it will be reflected in all pages.

My questions is, is there any control to set a default view by page which calls the Document library. Otherwise, I will need to create Document libraries by category, which I would like to align??

Regards,

Mariko

5 Replies
Why not create site pages that utilize the Document Library Web part? You can set a target view in the configuration.

@Maggan Wåhlin 

Thanks a lot for your response, my question is can we customize the view by each page calling the same Document library?? I could not find the way to show a different view by default for the same library. i.e. When the same Document library is called from multiple pages, the view will be same in all pages.

@marisuzu 

What SP-version are you using?

In SPO, you can create pages. Each page can show a specific document library view.

On your page, add the Document Library Web Part:

wp-1.png

Choose which Document Library to use:

wp-2.png

Finally, choose which document library view to show on the page:

wp-3.png

It is also possible to add multiple Document Library web parts on the same page, displaying different views.

@Maggan Wåhlin 

Thanks! That's the exact step which I was looking for!! Helped!

best response confirmed by marisuzu (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Great, glad to help! Please mark this as best response so that others can find answers to similar questions :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by marisuzu (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Great, glad to help! Please mark this as best response so that others can find answers to similar questions :)

View solution in original post