SOLVED

Show the No. version of version history.

Copper Contributor

Dear all experts,

I want to show the No. version of version history, so I add the existed column named "version". But it shows nothing. Do I need to configure something to show the No. version?

mmchx_0-1619511136702.png

8 Replies

@mmchx I have tried it on my SharePoint site & it is working fine for me:

ganeshsanap_0-1619530007923.png

Can you please check what are the versioning settings on your document library. Is versioning enabled on document library?

Below are versioning settings for my document library:

ganeshsanap_1-1619530139742.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

I have already set. now it works thank you very much.

best response confirmed by mmchx (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@mmchx 

Great, glad it is working for you now.

Can you please like my above response & Mark as Best Response? It will help others with similar question in future to find the correct answer easily.

@ganeshsanap 

Hello, What 'Add column' option do you choose ?, I've set the versioning setting as you explained , but how will that reflect in my column?

I would so much appreciate your help !

@Silex7 Version column is not listed in Add Column - Show/hide columns panel.

You have to add the Version column in library view using old/classic way:

1. Go to SharePoint library & click on settings (gear) icon

2.  Select Library settings.

3. Scroll down to the Views section on library settings page

4. Click on the view name where you want add Version column --> If you have only one view, probably it will be All Items

5. On view settings page, check the checkbox against Version column in Columns section.

6. Scroll down/up & click OK to save the changes.

ganeshsanap_0-1623045750344.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap

Thank you very much for your help, I settled it! - Marked as the best answer.

Hello,

If you have added the "Versioning" column and it is empty, and the above does not work, then try this: Go to the folder you are working with, and create a blank dummy document, using the "+ New" button on your workspace. This will kick-start the versioning, and versioning should then correctly display even if you import documents.

Best regards,

Dan

Versioning.png

I've followed all of the steps and my site page library is still not showing the version field in the show/hide list so that I can show it. @DanHansen 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by mmchx (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@mmchx 

Great, glad it is working for you now.

Can you please like my above response & Mark as Best Response? It will help others with similar question in future to find the correct answer easily.

View solution in original post