SOLVED

Show a user's calendar on a SharePoint page

Brass Contributor

We have a bunch of similar Teams and I would like to create a roll up calendar that shows all the events that these Teams are doing on a SharePoint page. I can create a single calendar that pulls in a single Team's events, but it only does one Team. I can create a SharePoint calendar, but I don't think you can bring in Group calendars in to this list. I was thinking I could create a user and have that user get joined to all the Teams and then I can share out his calendar to everyone, but I don't how to bring this user's calendar into a SharePoint calendar. My last idea is to use Power Automate to write new events for this user's calendar to a SharePoint list. That's what I am working on now. I'm curious if there is a better way to do this. Am I missing some feature that makes this easier? 

5 Replies

@michaelkubala 

Hi, if all of these users will access a common SharePoint Site, then how about just adding an Events web part to that Site and get all of the users to start contributing to this?

Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 23.45.37.png

Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 23.45.57.png

@PeterRising ,

I think if we had two places to setup events (one in their Team and another on this SP site), then this site would get overlooked. 

best response confirmed by michaelkubala (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I went with a Power Automate solution. I created a calendar on the SharePoint site. Then I added a user to all the Teams where I want to roll-up their calendar events. I setup a flow to read incoming events for that user and then write them to the SP calendar. It works well enough. It won't work for any updates to the events unless I change some logic in the flow, and if we want to add more shared events, I need to add this user manually to more Teams, but it's a good enough start.

@michaelkubala Hello Michael,

can you please provide me, how you get it to work? Can you provide me, how to set up power automate? Thank you very much,
Jakub

@Jakub Krňák The flow is just two steps. Step 1 is an Outlook trigger that listens for incoming calendar invites. The second step takes that event and writes it to a SharePoint calendar. The trigger uses an account that has been manually added to the various groups / teams that I want to roll up. Whenever someone from that group / team sends out a calendar meeting, this flow picks up that invite and writes to a SharePoint calendar. It works OK, but it can't handle any updates (I only run the flow on new invites) but that could be fixed easy enough I think. The real issue is that it can't handle recurring events. It writes the first event to the SP calendar, but it doesn't write the subsequent meetings. That would take quite a bit more work to get done properly I think.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by michaelkubala (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I went with a Power Automate solution. I created a calendar on the SharePoint site. Then I added a user to all the Teams where I want to roll-up their calendar events. I setup a flow to read incoming events for that user and then write them to the SP calendar. It works well enough. It won't work for any updates to the events unless I change some logic in the flow, and if we want to add more shared events, I need to add this user manually to more Teams, but it's a good enough start.

View solution in original post