Sharing Folder from SharePoint Online

Copper Contributor

Hi Community, 

We have requirement to share folders from SharePoint library with external users with the expiration date.  I believe, We have the option to set the expiry date when we select the "Anyone with the link"  option in the sharing screen. 

The problem is, Client wants to get the name of the person who is accessing the folder and uploading the document. But, when we send an anonymous link it wont ask the user to verify or login and when someone upload a document it will show last updated by "Guest User".

Can we make the user to enter the information when we sent a link with " Anyone with the link" Option ? Is there anyway to achieve this? 

Thanks, 

VK 

2 Replies
Can anyone has any idea?

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
VK

Hi @Yama_Vin,

I don't think it is possible to have "Anyone with the link" with an expiration date in SharePoint.

Using external authorized users would meet your customer requirements - only invited users get access and any document uploaded will have the external users account information in the created/modified information.

Here is a link to further information on external sharing: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/external-sharing-overview

I hope this helps.

Norm