Sharing files among subistes

Copper Contributor

The idea is to create two subsites under my department's site.
The first subsite (A) is intended to be published for authorized partners to download items available for them.
The second one (B) is a my team internal subsite where all our files and documents will be stored in the subsite's (B) library which is a complete archive of team files.
Most of the files and documents are for internal use only, but some of them should be shared.

An example for the software items:
There will be three folders like "Archive versions", "RTM versions" and "Beta versions". The items from the folder "RTM versions" I'd like to share on the subsite (A) for authorized partners.

My idea is to mark "RTM versions" by a special Enterprise keyword to be presented on the partners subsite (A) via web part with defined query based on tag.

1. Is this a best idea to achieve expected result? If not, what is a better way?
2. How to configure rights to grant authorized partners access only to the selected files, not to the internal subsite (B)?
3. I don't want to mark by Enterprise keyword any single item inside the folder "RTM versions", but only the folder itself which should be propagated to the files in it - if it is necessary.

0 Replies