Sharing a SharePoint List without sending an email

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

Could you please let me know if there's a way to share a SharePoint List to a group email ID without sending an email/notification?

Thanks in advance 

4 Replies
I'm not sure that I understand the question. Are you looking to share a URL and/or configure permissions to a group of people without triggering or sending an alert?

If so, you could add the individuals in question on the list level BUT uncheck the notifications box and then tell them it's visible in O365 lists.

If I've got the wrong angle in your question, please let me know and I'll see if I can help.

@Steven Andrews 

Thanks for your reply. 

I'm new to SharePoint and let me try to clear out your doubts. 

After opening the SharePoint List, I clicked on the Share button which is highlighted in the below image. However, if I share it in this way an email is sent to respective people.

Is there any other way to share without sending email?

THIRU815_0-1657123869995.png

At the bottom of the Share screen you should see 'copy' > this copies the link. However check what type of link you are generating.
Didnt realise if you populated the users you want to share it with then click copy it updates the membership list. Wrongly assumed I had to click the Send option - thanks!