Sharepoints threshold exceeded

Copper Contributor

Hello All,

I got error below from Sharepoints could anyone advice me on what to do? Thanks

he number of items in this list exceeds the list view threshold, which is 5000 items. Tasks that cause excessive server load (such as those involving all list items) are currently prohibited.
Learn about managing a large list or library and ensuring that items display quickly.

25204 items (list view threshold is 5000).

1 Reply

@SastroChang 

So this wording refers specifically to a View, and not the entirety of the list.  The default "All Items" view doesn't have any filters in it, so it'll keep presenting list items till it breaches the 5k limit.   Specific advice will depend on your needs for the list.  Can you tell us a little more about the function of the list.  Otherwise, some suggestions might be: -

• Add a date filter to the default view.  I tend to add a 90 day filter to my default view using the "Created" column so that older items aren't returned
  • Manually delete older items that aren't needed
  • Set-up a scheduled flow to archive older items to an archive list / spreadsheet

I expect the community will come in with some other ideas and their own experiences.  Do please let is know what the list is for and perhaps we can provide guidance that's a bit more specific.