SOLVED

sharepoint

Copper Contributor

Please help me. 

I don't know what is different that between storage for site collection and storage of site. 

What is the difference between site collection and site storage space?

I am confusing site below url. please understand me. 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt842345.aspx

3 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
A site collection may contain more that one site. When it is created there is one site, the root site, in the collection, If you add more sites, they become subsites. Each site in the collection contains content that can consume storage space. For the purposes of SharePoint Online, they set a 25 TB limit on an individual site collection. This is VERY BIG, and getting close to this limit would be highly unusual. The amount of space consumed by individual sites within a collection cannot be controlled, it can only be monitored.
Dean is totally correct!

@Erica Animato 

As far as I know, you cannot specify a limit for the site (web) storage. This option is available for site collections only and is in charge of the amount of space the site collection can supply for all its documents and items within all sites (webs) of the site collection.

For Better Insight 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
A site collection may contain more that one site. When it is created there is one site, the root site, in the collection, If you add more sites, they become subsites. Each site in the collection contains content that can consume storage space. For the purposes of SharePoint Online, they set a 25 TB limit on an individual site collection. This is VERY BIG, and getting close to this limit would be highly unusual. The amount of space consumed by individual sites within a collection cannot be controlled, it can only be monitored.

View solution in original post