Sharepoint Workflows (SPD) - Sending Email to Distributrion List or Security Group with

Steel Contributor

I am having a heck of a time trying to get a workflow to send an email to a DL/SG (Distribution List/Security Group) the name is *ASD Workflows and I can send it through Outlook no problem but I have not been able to send it through a very simple SPD workflow.

Somewhat related, but not directly I also see this message  at times.

emailworklow.png

any suggestions are much appreciated

eZe

4 Replies

Hi As per my understanding, SharePoint designer workflow not able to recognize DL/SG group members, instead of DL or SG lets try SharePoint group. Hope this helps!!

I did that and it worked! I tried to add the DL into that group, but no go Thank you for your assistance!!
Basically the problem is that SP 2013 send e-mail activity does not resolve well DL, SG or event SharePoint Group...what you have to do is call a SP 2010 workflow from your workflow and in this SP 2010 workflow send the e-mail using the old send e-mail action that should work with DL or SG

@Eric Adler if your group is a Mail-enabled security‎ group and if you "allow external sender to email this group" in the setting of this group, it should work.