SharePoint Workflow Notification (2010)

Copper Contributor

Hello All,

I am having an issue with a Workflow I am attempting to set up. 

I have an item library with about 200 items that my team has to review and update annually. Currently we fill out a date "Annual Review Date" to track when next year's will occur. I am attempting to come up with a solution to send an automated message a month prior, a week prior, and every day past due. I created a calculated column "Countdown" that tracks the days until the next audit is due for each item. It basically counts down from 365. 

My hope is to have the workflow check the "Countdown" every day and once it hits 30, it sends a reminder, once it his 7 it sends a reminder, and every number below 0 it will send an additional reminder.

How I have it set up is:

Step 1:

If "Countdown" is greater than 30 pause for 1 day

Step 2:

If "Countdown" equals 30, email me, then pause for 1 day

Step 3:

If "Countdown" equals 7, email me (Second Reminder), then pause for 1 day

Step 4: 

If "Countdown" less than or equal to 0, email me (Recurring Reminder), then pause for 1 day

I would hope there is some way to make this recurring until the end of time. Is that not the case? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 Reply

@bczosek The better approach should be create a site-workflow (not list workflow), which will run everyday and check the condition against your list item, and sent the notifications,