SharePoint Workflow Issue After Migrating Content from Online to 2010

Copper Contributor

I have a library I had to move content from SharePoint Online to 2010.  The 2010 site has a workflow that states if a column is set with a certain value to send an email to a person listed in another column.  Straight forward enough, but when the content copied over, the workflow triggered on all the items and as far as I can tell sent emails regardless of the flag, and also didn't send to the person named in the column.  It seemed to send to folks who had nothing to do with the file before.  The workflow results just show an error and that it couldn't complete.  I am trying to get a handle on why the emails went out and to the recipients that got them.  

Any ideas here?

1 Reply

@BobAtkinson 

Ok that's weird that it send email for all items, in general as best practice we always disable email sending when content is moved from one location to another as it can trigger emails as items are created if users have set alerts or workflow is there or there is a column "Assigned To" in the list.

It could be any reason due to above, if you check ULS logs as it is SP 2010 you can have more details