SharePoint - Users have to click Save twice when create new Document Set

Copper Contributor

I am not sure what customization has been done on our SharePoint site but when user create new Document Set, there are 2 Save buttons, the 1st one is useless, the one at the bottom right is working.

We are using SharePoint online. New site collection does not have this issue.

docset-spissue.jpg

9 Replies

Maybe your OOB  Document Set New form was corrupted and someone created a custom new form. It's expected behaviour on Custom New form two save buttons will appear. You have to Use Sharepoint Designer to disable the obsolete ones.

Can you tell me how SP Designer can disable the non working button? Is there a way to restore NewDocSet.aspx to original?
Can you check the versions of the forms in your document library? By the way it's very strange someone have customized the form in this way

I am not sure how to check form version in Document Library. Can you clarify that? 

It happens in all document library in this site collection.

Interesting fact that new site collection on the tenant does not have this issue. I want to reset the NewDocSet to original but don't know how.  

Just use google chrome or IE developer tools to inspect and find id's of obsolete save buttons. Open and Edit the custom new form in SharePoint Designer and search for those id's. Delete the surrounding html of the id's in the form. You should have save button removed from the form.

I don't think the form is customized, when I open SharePoint Designer, under "Document Set" content type", it shows that it still uses default form. Any clue? 

2018-05-07_15-20-41.jpg

Yes i agree but you will not be able to edit or create new file in Sharepoint Designer either since it's part of layouts. Interesting issue will try to do some research on my side if i can find something.

Hello 

I think this should help.

Create a new Custom form for DocumentSet and use powershell below to set it to that new form when users click on Create NewDocSet button. 

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/204119/how-to-set-sharepoint-list-add-new-form-to-set...

Thanks for the suggestion, but I still want to get to root cause or at least reset Document Set content type to default OOB setting. I submitted the ticket to MS, it's been couple days, let's see how they can help with this.