SOLVED

Sharepoint top link bar links formatting issue

Copper Contributor

I have added a few links to the top link bar but they are appearing above the logo in really small font which looks wrong, is this a formatting problem? I want to distribute them horizontally along the nav bar to the right of the logo.

3 Replies

@dorega754 

You might be added link under hub navigation. Hub navigation appear above site logo and site navigation appear right to the site logo. Font size of hub navigation is very small as compare to site navigation font size. If you added link using PowerShell then you need to pass parameter -Location "QuickLaunch" to add under site navigation.

-Location "TopNavigation" to add under hub navigation

akashsonare0203_1-1627373173218.png

1) Hub Navigation

2) Site Navigation

best response confirmed by dorega754 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@dorega754 Hi. I think the issue here is that you have created a Team site, and the navigation you want (a horizontal nav bar to the right of the logo) exists only for a Communications site. A Teams site has the left hand quick launch menu, a Comms site does not (and has the top nav instead). I think the smaller higher up top nav you are seeing is Hub site navigation. My attached image shows both top nav bars for a Comms site.

Hope that helps (and is right). 

Paul

Aha yes I think this is correct, I'm only new to setting up a site for my company's Intranet so still getting used to certain limitations. Thank you!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by dorega754 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@dorega754 Hi. I think the issue here is that you have created a Team site, and the navigation you want (a horizontal nav bar to the right of the logo) exists only for a Communications site. A Teams site has the left hand quick launch menu, a Comms site does not (and has the top nav instead). I think the smaller higher up top nav you are seeing is Hub site navigation. My attached image shows both top nav bars for a Comms site.

Hope that helps (and is right). 

Paul

View solution in original post