Sharepoint teams site Searching list

Brass Contributor

Hello,

I have a list in a Teams site that I opened in SharePoint.

Is there any way to filter the default 'ID' column in a searchable way?

Please see pics

For example I have 100 items/ IDs in a list. I wanted to filter the ID by say 1, 50 and 100. Currently I would have to scroll down and find the ID but is there no search bar functionality?

Thanks!image.pngimage.png

1 Reply

@testio2 I wish we had that function but we don't have but we have some alternatives which you might be already using. Applying filter using Text find filter but the catch is that do not gets applied for SharePoint List Item ID field or any Number fields. For example shown below I am showing three different types of fields ID(SP-OOB), Single Line of Text Field(TextItem#) and a number Field(Item#). I can apply the Text find filter function on the Single Line Text field(TextItem#) where I am saving Number in form of a Text but not in other two type of fields. If you can copy the ID field value to a single line text field(Multiple ways are there) then you can get your desired function. Please find the below screen shots for your reference.

2019-10-03_0953.png

Just start typing each Filtering number(One at a Time) and it will Check it for you and you don't have to scroll then.

2019-10-03_1000.png

Hope this helps!