SOLVED

SharePoint team site Image gallery problems in iOS

Brass Contributor

Dear all,

We are rolling out a SharePoint based project gallery. (sorry it's private and cannot share) We have separate pages for for each project and on those pages we use the standard image gallery web part to share images of the project. This works great for Windows and android but now not for iOS (app and web pages and not tried MacOS to be honest) where selecting the image has no reaction and eventually all in page navigation freezes. 

Has anyone else experienced similar and if so how do I get this to work as we cannot share the site without a stable iOS experience. 

Many thanks

R

8 Replies

Hi Roman,

Thank you for reporting problem to us. I want to check with you if the image gallery web part is the one in the screen shot?

Capture.PNG

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

I believe that is the one. As mentioned, works great on all other platforms...

Any help in resolving this issue would be fantastic as it will show SharePoint as a platform for information sharing and social collaboration that we want it to become.

Regards

Just FYI, please see below one of the pages in edit mode...

2018-01-09_1419.png

Hi Roman,

Thank you for replying. Could you please help to tell more detail about which version of iOS and which model of iPhone are you using and how many images in the image gallery?

I ask this question because we have tried it in our iPhone and it works fine. 

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

My phone is an iPhone 6 (I know, soooo old) running iOS11.2.1. Have tried a couple of other iOS phones too with similar results. As for library size, anything from 10 to 20+ images.

Thanks for the assist.

Regards

R

@Steve Zhang wrote:

Hi Roman,

Thank you for replying. Could you please help to tell more detail about which version of iOS and which model of iPhone are you using and how many images in the image gallery?

Thanks

Steve

@Steve Zhang wrote:

Hi Roman,

Thanks

Steve

Thanks for the information.

My team has found that things are now working OK. Don't know why or if there was any tinkering at the back end but we seem to be good to go on our launch. Thanks for all the help and support. It is appreciated.

best response confirmed by Roman Nowak (Brass Contributor)
Solution

We do find a slow down in our web part code. Thanks for reporting the bug and let us find this problem. But this fix hasn't reached production yet. Maybe there is another fix from the page framework level which we don't know. But anyway, good to know your problem solved. Our fix is also in the progress of rolling out. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Roman Nowak (Brass Contributor)
Solution

We do find a slow down in our web part code. Thanks for reporting the bug and let us find this problem. But this fix hasn't reached production yet. Maybe there is another fix from the page framework level which we don't know. But anyway, good to know your problem solved. Our fix is also in the progress of rolling out. 

View solution in original post