SOLVED

SharePoint task reports error (0x80070005): You do not have permission to view this SharePoint list.

Brass Contributor

Hello when i try to connect my SharePoint calendar to outlook i get this error SharePoint task reports error (0x80070005): You do not have permission to view this SharePoint list. Contact the SharePoint site administrator. HTTP 401.

I have deleted the list in outlook, uninstalled and installed office applications, created new profile and done all sorts still the issue still persists. i would really like some insights as to why this is happening and how to resolve it

6 Replies

Same Problem for me since I got the office update to Build 11929.20708

No Idea how to fix it.

best response confirmed by Cissong (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hello i was finally able to fix this i had to update my operating system @AndreasRa 

@Cissong Which update fixed it for you? I have the same problem and have gone through the same steps and more.  It started after I changed my password but only it only gives me this error on one machine and I can access the calendar directly from Sharepoint and all of my email and non-sharepoint calendars work fine.

We are using Windows 10 Pro with this issue. What operating system did you update? This is happening on all of our machines.

Same behaviour here. This problem occurs only since a few weeks. Never had this problem before. Funny thing, the last two days it worked normally and today again the same problem.

My Office and Windows versions:

PatrickBorgschulte_0-1645782607319.png

PatrickBorgschulte_1-1645782634384.png

PatrickBorgschulte_2-1645782652802.png

Best regards,

Patrick

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Cissong (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hello i was finally able to fix this i had to update my operating system @AndreasRa 

View solution in original post