SOLVED

Sharepoint: Sync a folder (of a partner company) to your local disk.

Copper Contributor

I’m now working on a big project with another company. The other company created a SharePoint/TeamSite for working together. Although switching between the different host company's is very easy in teams, it won’t allow you to sync those specific folders to your local disk (files stored at the partner company host). We tried the other way around without success. Are there possibilities or add-ins to solve this problem? 

7 Replies
best response confirmed by Cederick Ingen-Housz (Copper Contributor)
Solution

No for now, but I totally agree this is an scenario that should be supported by the Sync client cc @Stephen Rice

Hi all,

We announced at Ignite that Cross-Organization Sync will be available soon! Check out the blog post here.

Stephen Rice

OneDrive Program Manager II

Dang, saw this post and thought about the OneDrive session and Stephen here on the ball fresh off ignite!

Hi Stephen,

That's good news! Super! Any clue of the timeframe? Days or months?

Cederick

Do you know, does this include Microsoft Account users? Or only other users with an Office 365 backed account?

@Cederick Ingen-Housz, we're working on the feature now but don't have a specific timeframe to announce just yet. Definitely keep an eye on message center and the OneDrive MC blog post for the latest though!

@Jason Deabill, we're starting with just Office 365 backed accounts but we certainly know there's a desire for all Microsoft accounts as well!

Thanks,

Stephen Rice

OneDrive Program Manager II

Thanks. I'm very keen to see this for Microsoft Accounts. I look after Office 365 for a non-profit and it would be massively helpful to share documents within an Office 365 group. However, few if any of our volunteers have Office 365 backed accounts.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Cederick Ingen-Housz (Copper Contributor)
Solution

No for now, but I totally agree this is an scenario that should be supported by the Sync client cc @Stephen Rice

View solution in original post