Sharepoint Sites getting locked

Copper Contributor

Hi Team,

We are facing SharePoint site getting locked(adding content prevented) in Central admin in every weekend for fast few months. Every week we manually getting unlocked this site to make site is work. 

We analysed the issue our side. But still we are not able to figure out the issue. 

Please find our below analysis.

1.  Every week end we do back up of the sharepoint site using commvalut tool.  For large file site we are facing this issue.  Not sure what is happening in the background operation.  We suspect during that time, the site is getting locked.

2. Then we found that, SQL server CPU usage is almost full.  We do upgrade sql server cpu for minimize the performance. But still no luck. 

Note: We recently upgreaded SQL server 2008 to SQLServer 2012 for database. 

Any ideas and suggestions much appreciated. 

Regards,

Sivaraman.P

3 Replies

@Sivaramancts When you do backup process the databases will be locked for sometime and then released, it seems release part is not working as expected, since you use Commvault it can be the culprit in this case, have you checked with your Commvault support?

When a backup process fails it can leave the sites locked as you are already mentioning that it happens for big sites it should be the case. 

Do you have Site Quotas for sites? It can also have impact?

@SinhaKislay 

I have verified with the Commvault team.  They are working on this. 

They are working on this issue.  They are analyzing could be two solutions.

1. Low disk space.

2.  When back starts from Commvault, already SQL backup was running in the background.

@Sivaramancts yes these could be scenarios, good luck, i hope my post was helpful